Our Restaurant was opened 2005 to occasion willage festival, witch take a part every year. We have privat pension with four rooms. Every one has two beds and own bathroom ( toalette, showerbath, ...).
Small town Deštná lying 15 kilometers north of Jindrichuv Hradec and mere 3 kilometers east of the pictureaque water chateau Cervena Lhota has population of 680 today, The first written record of Destna dates back to 1294 and it was referred to as a villa forensis - a market town. The original proprietors of Destna, the Viteks - Lords of Hradec, sold this piece of land to brothers of Rozmberk in 1634 and the town itself became part of the Choustnik domain for another 200 years.
Hussite revolution of the 15th century affected even the Rozmberk's domain in the Destna region. In attempt to blunt revolution movement, young Oldrich of Rozmberk granted in 1418 in many towns and townlets - including Destna - with the right to inherit freely. This written statement refers to Destna as to a town and it tells us Destna had the right to use official seal with the emblem of Rozmberk's rose (red rose in the silver shield). Destna has had this emblem until today. Red rose of Rozmberk is even included in the town's flag that was approved by the Czech Parliament in 2000.
Dominant church was founded in the first half of the 13th century by German colonizers who devoted to this saint in the Czech Republic.
In 1599, a miraculous spring was discovered in the hills above Destna and it was no later than in 1602 that the locals had had a chapel of sv. Jan Krtitel (st. John the Baptist) built around it. Until today, you can see processions to the chapel at the end of June. Back in the day, the spring water was used in the local spa that attracted many pilgrims. The spa burned down in 1910. Immediately after this, a factory producing soft fizzy drinks was built in its place. It distributed well-known drinks under the name "Destenka". Unfortunately, this production terminated in 2003 as well.
The churches of sv. Otton and sv. Jan Krtitel were decorated by Bedrich Kamaryt. a painter and a writer buried at the local cemetery.
Also there is a grave of renowned composer Karel Ditters of Dittensdorf in the cemetery, who was invited by baron Ignac Stillfried of Slezko, the proprietor of the domain of that time, to live in the nearby Novy Dvur in the late 18th century.
Destna has a long-standing history of cordaging closely connected to the House of Kliks. The last rope-maker bearing this name, Karel Klik, opened a unique ropemaking museum in his own house - the only one in the Czech Republic.
The international education trail of industrial monuments Muhtviertel - Waldtviertel - Jižní Čechy runs right through Destna and it includes the rope-making museum and the only working cordaging workshop Delena; moreover, you can use either bike path "Ceskou Kanadou" or red/blue marked hiking trails.
Destna has the following facilities and amenities: health care center, chemist's, post office, grocery, store, food and drinks, accommodation, football, pitch, tennis and volleyball courts, sauna, gym, summer camps for children, elementary school, kindergarten with after-school care centre, and information centre with public Internet access point in the local library. The countryside surrounding Destna is do pristine it attacks many people to enjoy wild berries and mushroom picking and fabulous and romantic views of the countryside full of pounds available for fishing.
The first record of Kardašova Řečice town's existence dates back to 1267 when the estate of Jindřichův Hradec (including Řečice) was divided and alloted to Oldřich of Hradec (he obtained the Uptown) and Sezima of Ústí (Oldřich's nephew who obtained the Downtown with the church). The first known settlement grew up around the initially gothic church of Stětí Sv. Jana Křtitele (Decapitation of St. John the Baptist) that lies on the hill above the confluence area of the Řečice creeks. The church had been established even before Řečice was divided and its existence had been tightly connected with the crossing point over the creek. Initially romanesque-gothic in style, the structure was altered in 1491, between 1545-1580 (nave alteration) and 1615-1620 (church tower). In 1814, the nave received new vaults and tower received new roof. The tower belongs to the town, the rest of the church belongs to the Roman-Catholic Church. The name itself, Kardašova Řečice (Rzecicium majus in Latin, Kardasch Retschitz in German), was based on the name of the creek Řečice (rivulet in Czech), which rises in the vicinity of Mostečné and flows around Pluhův Ždár and Klenov (it also feeds 2.5-km-long, 96-ha Velký rečický pond); near the church it comes together with the Kardašský creek which rises north of the town and feeds Kardaš pond nearby. The pond's name makes up the attribute in the town's name (Kardaš - a brother in Turkish).
During the 13th and 14th centuries, two independent communities grew up on both banks of the creek Řečice. The two towns, each with a bailiff and alderman, differed in numbers of houses and sizes of the squares. The larger Uptown had 44 houses in the late 14th century. Town rights were conferred to Kardašova Řečice on 14th February 1407 by Jan starší z Hradce (Jan the Elder of Hradec); which were only confirmed and returned by the Czech government in 1992. In 2007, the town celebrated its 600th anniversary.
The population used to be predominantly German; only later, during the Hussite wars in the early 15th century, Czechs started to settle down in here. And it was not until 1490 when the two towns became one. The area between the two creeks had become more populated before 1741 and behind the church and vicarage a one-storey Baroque chateau, park and a quadrangle were built on the grounds of the former brewery. The town gradually grew bigger, mainly along the roads. It was already known in the Middle Ages for its important trade route connecting the town of Sezimovo Ústí and the region of Soběslav to Jindřichův Hradec and subsequently to Lomnice nad Lužnicí, Stráž nad Nežárkou and Třeboň. In 1887, the transversal railway was put into operation. In 1900, the town's population reached its maximum - 2640 inhabitants. Later, after the textile factory had gone bankrupt, people fled the town and the population has so far remained lover then even before.
In 2007, Kardašova Řečice reported population of 2240; the town itself had 2012 inhabitants, local district Mnich and Nítovice reported, respectively, 76 and 122 inhabitants. Today are social and culture events, anniversaries, fun days for children, and historical jubilees which are popular with the public. The town has had a chronicle since WW2 supplemented with photos and detailed accounts. The list of local celebrities includes for example Boleslav Jablonský, a poet a awakener, whose memorial sculptred in 1886 can be found near the town hall. Another source of historical records is a 3-volume book written by Jaromír Hrubý in the 1920's. The city coat of arms was awarded by the Lords of Hradec after the town's coalescence; its design introduces golden five-leave rose in the blue shield, red centre and green calyx leaves. The town flag was consecrated on 5th June 1999; it features white and blue longitudinal stripes and the city coat of arms located in the centre. One of the flags was also given to the sister-town of Oberdiessbach in Switzerland (canton of Berne).
A homely, well preserved one-storey four-wing structure with a closed quadrangle, mansard (French) roof, wide roof ledge with adornments and corner embossments. The west facade hosts a portal with pilasters and a vault, the north facade includes a buttress and a portal. The north side of arcades has columns with capitals and rounded edges, the passageway is cross-vaulted and fracted with bands. The chateau is surrounded by a landscaped garden. Today, it is home for elderly nuns belonging to the School Sisters of Notre Dame. The congregation also happens to be the proprietor of the chateau and the adjacent vast park.
Pictureaque historic town of Nová Včelnice sits among the hills of Křenešbická highland on the river Kamenice 12 kms north-east of Jindřichův Hradec at the elevation of 507m, and with population of 2,500.
The town's history dates back to the turn of 13th and 14th centuries when a stronghold surrounded by hamlet Včelnice in the valley of the river Včelnice came into existence. The river's name (changed from Nežárka in 1654) was derived from prince's bee gardens. The land belonged to the Princely Chamber. The stronghold and hamlet owners were given name "Knights of Včelnice". The knight Svatomír counts among the oldest - he lived around 1320 and served in the army of the King Jan Lucemburský (John I of Bohemia). His daughter Bláha became the stronghold holder after his death. The following years saw many new keepers; the house of Vencelíks of Vrchoviště stood out of the crowd as the longest standing owner between 1467 and 1649. In 1649, the domain was sold to the Spanish peer Bartolomej Paradys de la Saga. His wife Hypolita of Lodron was miraculously saved from drowning and, full of gratitude, she had a chapel built in 1662; she went on a pilgramage to Ale Oetting and she had a true copy made to the design of the local miraculous Virgin Mary statue. The copy is still to be seen standing on the main altar in the church; moreover the place was named Nový Oetting. Her son Bernard František had the chapel surrounded with 54 little houses which were sold to various craftsman and which later grew into trading and industrial town of Nový Oetting (or Nový Etynk). The town was thriving and soon it grew so big that various crafts guilds were founded. In 1728, there were founded Guilds of Carpenters, Shoemakers, Tailors, Furriers and Drapers in high number.
The church of Nanebevzetí Panny Marie (Accession of Virgin Mary) was built in 1786 on the ground of existing chapel which was preserved as a vestry. The adjacent vicarage dates back to 1806. In 1701, there was erected Marian column to commemorate the victory over plague which had swept through Nový Etynk in the previous years.
In 1790, the town was promoted to township Etynk Nový - Včelnice and it was invested with a city emblem and official seal. In 1884, Nový Etynk became a town. In 1786, the domain was acquired by JUDr. Josef Hilgartner, knight of Lilienborn, who built a rectangular chateau, and reconstructed and reopened burned-down brewery from 1601; moreover, he was also granted a permission to open the first textile manufactury in the region.
Nový Etynk grew over the adjacent village of Včelnice; it became "bigger" not only in terms of surface and population, but also in terms of social life and culture. The year 1789 saw foundation of an elementary school, 1862 gave birth to an education society named Řemeslnická beseda (Crafts Forum), then there was Štítný, Pošumavská jednota, and since 1900 there was a music society and a number of theatre companies. The local fire brigade came into existence in 1875, sports club Sokol in 1913, and theatrical association Jednota divadelních ochotníků in 1921, In 1860, there was established the first Czech manufacture producing horse blankets, gebardines and horse bedrolls. We can find hosiery among other businesses. After the narrow gauge railway had been put into operation in 1906, the town's industry started to thrive and it was suddenly easy to get there.
Among the celebrities somehow connected with the town you will find for example JUDr. Jan Slavík, a lawyer fighting in favour of general right to vote; a memorial plaque dedicated to him can be found on his natal home (since 1947). There is also another memorial plaque from 1947 dedicated to the poet Emanuel Truhlář. In 1997 they unveiled a memorial plaque dedicated to one of the greatest Czech actors Rudolf Hrušinský who was also born here. Among others you will find: the poet Josef Hrůša, the writer J. R. Hradecký, the collector of folk songs, dances, fairy tales, stories and bagpiper Arnošt Kolář, the priest and writer František Pravda. Nová Včelnice was also a hometown for the first philosopher and writer Tomáš Štítný and National theater actor Luděk Munzar and the writer Štěpán Polášek.
The Baroque chateau in Nová Včelnice was built after 1650; it should be restored to its original beauty in near future and it is said to be turned into a rehabilitation centre. Nearby you will find Sibeny hill, a place where gallows used to stand centuries ago. At the top, there is an old Jewish cemetery and about 1km past the cemetery you will come to a stone cross erected to commemorate ca. 1000 Napoleonic soldiers who died here in 1813.
Nová Včelnice is surrounded by many ponds (Zamecky, Pohonc, Pasecky, Kozlov, Hryzovsky, Vidlak and others) and pristine nature. You can also use the sports facilities in the local sports complex. There you will find green grass football pitch, synthetic tracks surface, 400m athletic oval - 6 straight tracks, 4 oval tracks, pole jumping sector, two long jumping sectors, sectors for javelin, ball, discus throwing, water jump for steeple running, volleyball and tennis courts, tennis training wall, multipurpose heated sports hall (18 x 36m) fitted for all ball games and gymnastics. There is also a 110m long heated tunnel with japex surface suitable for sprints and long jumps (also used as a table tennis playroom). Available is also a hockeyball rink with asphalt surface and floodlights which can host any type of event. You are also welcome to use rehabilitation and relaxation facilities including sauna, hot tub, massage room, gym and bowling room. In the winter, you can also go for some easy skiing in nearby Horni Radoun which has also lights for night skiing.
has a population of 3,320 (including the nearest vicinity) and lies at the elevation of 590m within the boundaries of the natural reserve Česká Kanada (Czech Canada). Many centuries ago, the area was interwoven with ancient merchant paths; the oldest deed mentioning the town of Bystřice deals with conferring of town rights to Bystřice in 1341. Yet, it was already in 1175 when there was a yard located on the rivulet Bystřice. Before 1420 (when it was burned down by Jan Žižka), the town belonged to the Lords of Landštejn and then to the House of Krajíř of Krájek. The town was at its prime under Adam Pavel Slavata (he was in control of the domain between 1626 - 1657). At present, the region of Nová Bystřice attracts tourists of all ages all year long.
Klášter - the church of Nejsvětější Trojice (the Holy Trinity), originally part of the former Paulan monastery; unique interior design concept; one of the largestwooden altars in Central Europe; catacombs open for public; a healing spring by the church
Landštejn - castle ruins from the 13th century in good repair located on the border between Bohemia, Moravia and Austria; a medieval tower with spectacular view
Muzeum čs. opevnění - Museum of Czechoslovakian Fortification - Infantry blocks from 1938; some of the blockhouses equipped with the period accoutrement and weapons system of the pre-WW2 Czechoslovak army
Úzkokolejka - narrow-gauge railway (760mm); you can take a train (steam one in the summer) from Nová Bystřice to Jindřichův Hradec; the 33-km-long ride will take you through pristine woods and untouched, ravishing landscape
Albeř - above the campsite Osika, you will find an obelisk marking Theresian meridian; it commemorates the oldest metrical network in the Czechlands
Kámen republiky - The Republic Stone (near the Lesní hotel Peršlák - formerly a border patrol building) bearing a sign that reads: „Naše je a naše zůstane - 21.5.1938“ ("It is ours and will remain ours"); it was placed here by soldiers during the pre-WW2 peril
The northernmost point of Austria - you will find it near Novomlýnský rybník (pond) and the Greenway bike trail No. 32 Praha - Wien
Natural parks Česká Kanada and Homolka - Vojířov - ideal places for hikes, bike rides and cross-country skiing trips; woods full of wild mushrooms and berries; mysterious rock formations and vast ponds reflecting sunrays attract people in the summer to have some rest
Nature reserves Fabián, Blanko, Gebhárecký rybník (pond), Hadí vrch, Skalák near Senotín, Rašeliniště Klenová, Kaproun - places that are noteworthy especially for their wild flowers
Golf, hiking, bike rides, cross-country skiing
Golfresort Monachus - golf course Nová Bystřice is the first Czech public golf course (9 holes), golf course Mnich - a championship golf course (18 holes)
Hiking and bike rides - marked walking trails and bike paths cut through the woods, meadows and almost-deserted side roads located near the border and can be arbitrarily interconnected. Nová Bystřice is also home to the international Greenways bike path Praha - Wien.
In case of good snow conditions you are welcome to use about 80km of marked and trimmed (if possible) cross-country skiing trails which will take you through a fairy-like landscape all covered in snow.
Graselova stezka (path) - a path which Johann Georg Grasel, a feared robber, used a few centuries ago (length: 29km)
Textilní stezka - the Textile path gives tourists and bikers a brief insight into the history of textile industry in the Nová Bystřice region (length: 25km)
Stezka vyznání - the Trail of Faith introduces places that are somehow connected with religion
Stezka 20. století - the 20th Century Trail introduces general history of the region in the 20th century (length: 20 - 30km)